Knowledge aim: Students know how to pronounce oy and oi then to use it.
Ability aim: Students can pronounce /ɔɪ/ correctly and use it in other words.
Emotional aim: Students will enhance their confidence of pronouncing by realizing the practical use.
Teaching Key Points:
Students can have correct pronunciation of certain words of the same rule.
Teaching Difficult Points:
Students could be confident in pronouncing words.
Communicative teaching method, inductive teaching method.
PPT, Blackboard flashcards and so on
Step 1: Warming up
2.Play an English song Billy boy, invite the whole students to clap when singing it. Introduce word boy to students.
Step 2: Presentation
1. Draw pictures of boy and toy,then show the words after them.
2. Play a radio of voice and noise, let students know what the difference is between voice and noise, then show the English words.
3. Read the words together, and then let students find the common pronunciation part oy and oi.
Step 3: Practice
1. Play a game: play on the seesaw(high-low voice) then read lips guess the word.
2. Bingo: Divide four students in a group play the bingo game. Give each group a piece of paper with 9 words on it. The first group who can find the three words in a line with oy/oi should be the winner.
Step 4: Production
Read more words: Divide students into different groups then let them have a competition to read words on the flashcards, the fastest group will win the first prize. (Possible words： toy boy voice noise choice coin coy joy ploy), invite the fastest group play it in front of the class.
Step 5: Summary & Homework
Summary : students look at the blackboard and summarize this class.
Homework:students introduce the words and pronunciation to their friends or parents.