1.George is going to talk about the geography of his country, but I’d ratherhe_____ more on its culture.
C. would focus
D. had focused
2、He speaks Chinese as fluently asif he ______a Chinese.
B. had been
D. has been
3、Postage ___ the necklace will costyou at least 650 yuan.
D. to be included
4. Many workers were organized to clearaway ______remained of the World Trade Center.
5. ________evidence that languageacquiring ability must be stimulated.
A. If being
B. It is
C. There is
D. There being
6. We hadn't met for 20 years, but Irecognized her_____ I saw her.
A. the moment
B. for the moment
C. the moment when
D. at the moment when
7. I hadn’t expected James toapologize but I had hoped_____.
A. him calling me
B. that he would call me
C. him to call me
D. that he call me
8. George would certainly haveattended the proceedings____.
A. if he didn’t get a flat tire
B. if the flat tire hadn’t happened
C. had he not had a flat tire
D. had the tire not flattened itself
9. The teacher suggested that herstudents_____ experiences with ESP.
A. write a composition on their
B. to write composition about the
C. wrote some compositions of his or her
D. had written any compositions for his
10. Jean Wagner’s most enduringcontribution to the study of Afro-American poetry is his insistence that it____in a religious, as well as worldly, frame of reference.
A. is to be analyzed
B. has been analyzed
C. be analyzed
D. should have been analyzed
postage included 等于including postage。
定冠词the加上表示时间的名词起连词作用，引导时间状语从句。如the night/ the minute/ the spring/ the year等