1. ----Does Jim do his new job well?
---- __________ his old job.
----How stupid! I fear there's no hope for him.
A. No better than B. Not better than C. No so well as D. No as well as
解析no better than=as bad as
2. ---Peter was killed in a car accident!
--- I talked with him yesterday morning.
A What a pity! B.I beg your pardon. C. Sorry to hear that. D. Is that so?
3. —Can I help you ?
—I want _________these nice roses for Lucy’s birthday .
A.two dozen of B.two dozen C.two dozen D.two dozens of
解析 关键词these 数词+dozen/score 可直接修饰可数名词，后面的名词前若有后物主代词，介词短语时，中间必须加of
4. It is in this very village , Mary was born 35 years ago , she will build her first school ,
inspires everyone to help her .
A.where; that ; which B.that ; that ; that
C.that ; when ; which D.where ; when ; that
解析 where 引导定语从句，that 引导强调句，which引导定语从句修饰前面的句子.
5. People are always on the go , so they spend their weekend on housework .
A.most B.almost C.mostly D.nearly
解析 be on the go 非常繁忙 mostly 几乎全部，多半
6. ---Thanks for your trouble. ---Not at all. I’m _____ pleased to help you.
A. too much B. too only C. so much D. only too
解析：only too 极为，非常 too eager / ready / glad / willing to do sth. 非常想干某事
The boy is too eager to get a geography book.
7. That night I felt especially lazy and went to bed ____ earlier than usual.
A. quite B. rather C. fairly D. so
8. Deep in the80. —The government should think about the medical reform again and take measures to improve it.
—_________. The medical services and efficiency are not good at the moment.
A. You're confusing me B. I cannot agree more C. That's all right D. Go ahead, please
9. forest _____, who made no contact with the outside world.
A. living a couple B. were a couple living C. did a couple live D. lived a couple
解析：地点状语“Deep in the forest”位于句首，全部倒装
10. Look at the floor , Tom ! you watch TV while having a meal?
A. Should B. Could C. Would D. Must
Must you make so much noise? 你就非得弄出这么大声吗?
11. , a form must be filled in.
A. To ask for his job B. In order to get his job
C. Making request for his job D. If you want to get this job